We had some delicious sushi.
I called Crab to tell him of the amazingness of this dinner.
And the fun of wasabi.
My mouth burning and my sinuses clearing.
He informed me he had never wasabi.
I decided as soon as I got we would have sushi and wasabi.
Apparently he said he had said he doesn't like wasabi
And that I just never listen or something.
I'm not really sure.
I was too busy thinking about the delicious dinner I would be making.
It was a good night for sushi!
Start with some miso soup!
I love miso soup, I used to use the little packets but I recently found out that those almost always have fish broth in them.
Ick.
Delicious Fish Free Miso Soup.
Miso is made from fermented soybeans, rice and barley. It is high in proteins, vitamins, minerals and delicious enzymes that make my tum tum so happy.
Add 1 teaspoon of miso per 1/2 cup of cool water.
I used 3 teaspoons.
And a little under 2 cups water.
Mix in throughly.
Bring to a boil.
Chop up some 'shrooms.
I used baby bellas.
I'm not sure if you have seen Dulse before.
But it is loaded with amazing benefits.
High in Iodine, which I am usually lacking in from only using sea salt.
It can help heal poor digestive systems.
Cleanses the body of heavy metals.
Supports healthy brain function.
Increase metabolism.
B6, B12 and Iron.
And has a light spicy, salty flavor.
And of course some green onions.
Add to the miso broth.
Let boil for about 10 minutes.
Yum! Cloudy Miso Soup.
So delicious.
Sushi!
Sushi rice has smaller grains than other rices.
Allowing it to stick together better.
The best way to make sushi rice.
Rinse rice 3 times in cold water.
Or until water runs clean.
Allow rice to sit for 30 minutes.
Bring to boil.
Cover.
Allow to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
Or until most of the water is gone.
You should end up with rice that is a tiny bit sticky.
But avoid over cooking which leads to mushy rice.
Add in a little less than 1/4th cup rice vinegar.
Finely chop whatever vegetables you want.
Carrots.
Cucumbers.
Yellow Bell Peppers.
And avocado. ( Not pictured)
And make some wasabi.
I read the ingredients on the wasabi container the other night.
One was spirullina.
Which I found interesting.
So I decided to try some Chlorella powder.
Get some added benefits.
It came out extra dark green and pretty.
To get the most from your wasabi.
Mix with COLD clean water.
Allow to sit for 10 minutes for flavor to develop.
I also sadly learned today,
That delicious, tear inducing wasabi
Is American tweaked.
Real Japanese doesn't make you scream and wave your hand in front of your mouth.
I think I like the American version best.
Now comes the fun!
Any combination you.
Maybe start with some wasabi.
Add some avocado, cucumber.
Maybe some sunflower sprouts.
Keep a cup with cold salted water to dip your fingers in.
This will stop the rice from sticking to you.
It also allows you to be able to seal up your rolls.
Using a sharp knife slice in bite size pieces.
Occasionally dip knife in water to stop it from sticking.
Brussel Sprouts!
I have a serious obsession with brussel sprouts.
These guys were extra beautiful.
And GIGANTIC!!
Slice them in half.
Throw in a plastic bag with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Little bit of salt and pepper.
Lay them out on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
I like mine just a little bit crispy.
Delicious.
Take giant plate of sushi rolls.
Enjoy with some liquid aminos.
Tell people who think as a vegetarian you don't get the nutrients you need to suck it.
Yum!
Enjoy your night for sushi!

No comments:
Post a Comment