Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Green Chili "Cheese" Fries

Last Saturday Crab and I went out for an adventure.
We heard there was live music at High Desert Brewery and went to check it out.
It's a cute brewery with a nice patio and friendly people.
Before I came along, Crab frequented this place quite often.
A bit for the refreshments,
Some for the atmosphere
But mostly for their green chili cheese fries.
Delicious greasy fried coated in cheese and chopped green chilies.
The kitchen was closed when we went.
Which left a want for this delectable dish.

But if I'm going to make it.
I'm going to make it my way.


Green Chili "Cheese" Fries


Oh these babies are good.

First let's start with the cheese sauce.
I found this recipe on this site.
http://veganyumminess.com/vegan-nacho-cheese/
Check it out. =)


Chop up potatoes.
You are going to want around 2 cups.
I voted against peeling them.
And we usually only have the little guys.
I used about 5 of them.


Around 3 or 4 carrots, chopped into 1 inch chunks.
Add to about 3 cups of water.
Bring to boil.

After they are squishy and soft.
Drain the potatoes and carrots.
Throw into your blender.


About a cup of nutritional yeast.

 1/3 cup olive oil.
1/3 cup water.

And half a fresh squeezed lemon.
About 2 teaspoons of salt.

 And blend.


It was a little thick and wouldn't blend well.
So a splash of hemp milk.


Delicious gooey cheese sauce.
I don't think you can tell,
But this stuff is amazing.
It tastes like real nacho cheese.
Only not the disgusting parts of real nacho cheese.
Sooo yummy.

 Julianne some potatoes.
We only had the small potatoes,
so my french fries came out pretty adorable.


And of course a sweet potato as well.


Put a small amount of olive oil and salt in a bag.
Shake! Shake! Shake!
Shake some french fries!

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
And 400 hundred for another 10.
Gets them just a tid bit crispy.


You know have a delicious plate of fries.


Coat with cheese and green chilies.


So delicious.
No need to feel guilty.
Well, not completely guilty.


No comments:

Post a Comment