It isn't St.Patrick's day
Nor do I want a mayonnaise filled side dish.
But stick with me on this.
It's surprisingly quite delicious.
I had already made Crab this for lunch an hour earlier.
But didn't eat much myself, but it is delicious and quick enough to just make another batch.
Start with a head of cabbage. A quarter of the cabbage will be plenty.
Chop it bigger than you would for cole slaw.
Into a pan on medium heat. Keep the lid on.
Just salt, pepper and a little olive oil.
Careful on the oil, a TB at most.
Stirring occasionally.
Mmm, it smells so good.
No boiled cabbage smell here.
I'm a big fan of Cayenne.
So I added a sprinkle to mine.
You want the cabbage to just slightly brown.
Crispy and delicious.
I've been sprouting lately.
So I had an abundance.
I added a little sprinkle in.
So blasted good.
I love it so much.
It should take less than 8 minutes.
From start to finish.
And took me all of 3 minutes to consume.
And of course, your health benefits from cabbage include;
Cabbage is very low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and is a good source of fiber.
It fills you up and is a zero-calorie food.
Cabbage is a good source of folates. Folic acid is one of the essential components of DNA.
A perfect snack for when you have a baby growing inside of you.
It also has vitamin C and vitamin K.
Vitamin C helping your fight of free radicals and building your immunities while
Vitamin K aids in bone strength.
As well as, it is good source of many essential vitamins such as riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and thiamin.
In addition, it is very natural source of electrolytes and minerals like calcium,
potassium, phosphorous, manganese, iron and magnesium, which can help control heart rate and blood pressure.
And...
Less than 2 dollars for a head of cabbage.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment