Crab didn't have work this morning.
Hurray for Presidents!
So we got to sleep in.
So we got to sleep in.
And then have a delicious breakfast together
Breakfast outside in this beautiful weather.
I caught him munching on chocolate chips this morning.
Just handfuls of chocolate chips didn't seem the healthiest breakfast.
So I decided to make him pancakes instead.
We didn't have any milk, so I looked up a recipe online and found this
site.http://mormonmavens.blogspot.com/2012/01/no-milk-pancakes.html
site.http://mormonmavens.blogspot.com/2012/01/no-milk-pancakes.html
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 TBSP. oil or butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
2 TBSP. sugar
2 cups water
2 eggs
Mix wet ingredients together.
Mix dry ingredients together in seperate bowl. Combine the two bowls and stir. Get all of the lumps mixed in good. No lumps! Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
I was using all purpose gluten free flour
which always seems to stay a bit liquidy-er than actual flour.
So I cut the water in half.
And no sugar.
But I did add vanilla extract
Even with half flour.
Still a bit watery.
So I added almond flour.
And almond extract
I also added:
Blueberries
Blueberries
Flaxseed
and Honey
The fresh blueberries made them so juicy
Flip them when they start to bubble.
Crab doesn't love cinnamon.
So after I had made most of the batter,
I added cinnamon and pecans.
I made these ones little pancakes
So it would be easy to spot the difference.
It was a perfect day to enjoy sitting outside.
And of course, freezer peach jam.
(Which SnaiL had made)
The perfect topper.
Tea, watermelon, blueberries and pancakes.
A delicious breakfast to start an amazing day.

No comments:
Post a Comment